H.E. Dr Ali Said Faqi
His Excellency Dr. Ali Said Faqi is the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Somalia to Benelux and EU and the Somali Representative to OPCW. He served as the Somali Ambassador to France from 2014 to 2016. Dr. Faqi was also the Somali representative to UNESCO. After the election of President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo in February of 2017, he served as the interim Chief of Staff for 2 months before returning to his post as an Ambassador in Brussels.
Dr. Faqi also holds an Adjunct Associate Professor at Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Department of OBGYN in Detroit, MI., where he teaches graduate students.
He was Director and/or a Senior Director of the Department of Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology at MPI Research from June 2003 to April 15, 2017. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Leipzig in Germany in 1995 and D.V.M. from Somali National University, Mogadishu-Somalia. He earned a diploma of specialization in Experimental Pharmacology from the University of Milan in Italy. He was a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology at the Free University of Berlin-Germany from 1996 till 1998. He worked as a Research Associate at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia and at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Before joining MPI Research, Dr. Faqi was a Senior Scientist at Allergan Pharmaceuticals in Irvine, California and a Research Toxicologist at IIT Research Institute in Chicago, Illinois.
He is a Diplomate of American Board of Toxicology (D.A.B.T.) and Fellow Academy of Toxicological Sciences (Fellow ATS). He served as member of the Editorial Board of Reproductive Toxicology Journal and is currently an Associate Editor of the same Journal (Reproductive Toxicology Journal).
In addition, Dr. Faqi served as:
• Board of Scientific Counselors (BOSC) Computational Toxicology at the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) from September 2009-September 2010.
• A member of Scientific Advisory Board of the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI). An NGO dedicated in finding therapy of Alzeihmer disease.
• Past Chairman of the membership committee of the Teratology Society
• Past Chairman of the Education committee of the Teratology Society
• Past President of Michigan Society of Toxicology.
• Vice-President, President and past President of Toxicologists of African Origin, a special interest group within the society of toxicology
• Visiting Professor at the University of Palermo, Italy 2005-2011.
• Guest Professor at King Fahd Medical Research Center in King Abdiaziz University, Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) where he lectured on Preclinical Toxicology- November 2009.
• Guest Editor: System Biology in Reproductive Medicine; volume 58 (1)(2012).
He is ad-hoc scientific reviewer for the following Journals:
• Reproductive Toxicology
• Regulatory Pharmacology and Toxicology
• Toxicology Journal
• System Biology in Reproductive Medicine
• Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology
• Birth Defects Research Part B: Developmental & Reproductive Toxicology
• Cell Biology and Toxicology
• Animal Reproduction Science
• Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences
• Drug and Chemical Toxicology
• PLoS ONE
Dr. Faqi is an editor of the following books
1. “Comprehensive Guide in Toxicology Nonclinical Drug Development- Second Edition Published on 2016 by Elsevier
2. Comprehensive Guide in Toxicology Preclinical Drug Development- Second Edition Published on 2012 by Elsevier
3. Developmental& Reproductive Toxicology, Published by Springer on 2017.
He has published over 100 scientific papers including manuscripts and scientific reports and authored/co-authored over 15 book chapters.
Dr. Faqi has lectured across the globe including the USA, Europe, Japan, South Korea, India and Saudi Arabia.